Number systems are considered to be the best possible mathematical way of representing numbers with the utilisation of different kinds of digits or symbols. There are different types of number systems being prevalent in the world of mathematics for example decimal systems, binary systems, hexadecimal systems and several other kinds of options. It is very much important for kids to be clear about the decimal to binary conversion which can be done through different kinds of methods and one of the very basic methods is to convert the decimal to binary by dividing the given number by two recursively. The remainder has to be noted down till people get zero as the final question and this is considered to be the best possible way of dealing with things very successfully.
Following Are Some of the Basic Things Which People Need to Know About the Conversion of Decimal to Binary:
- All the number systems which will be having a base will be determined by the total number of digits that can be used in the number system. For example, the binary number system will be having a base of two and it will be using only two digits to represent a particular number.
- Similarly, the decimal number system will be having a base of 10 because it will be dealing with 10 digits to represent a particular number. The decimal number system is the number system that will be dealing with the base of 10 and will be using a different kinds of principles in the whole process so that there is no chance of any kind of mistake.
- It is the most ideally on commonly used number system which can be dealt with the things so that there is no chance of any kind of mistake and everybody will be on the right track of dealing with things. Apart from this, the binary system is the number system that will be having a base to invest the numbers will be perfectly represented by two digits that will be zero and one.
- The smallest possible unit of the computer will be known as the bit that can be abbreviated from the binary digit only. The binary numbers are considered to be the best possible way of understanding the computer language and for that making sure that there will be no chance of any kind of issue in the whole process.
Kids need to be very much clear about the conversion of decimal to binary through the utilisation of table so that there is no problem and everyone will be on the right track of dealing with things. Following are some of the basic steps to be followed in the conversion process:
- First of all, people need to divide the given table number by two and note down the remainder
- After this people need to divide the quotient obtained by two and note down the reminder again
- Both of the above-mentioned steps have to be repeated till people get the zero as the quotient
- After this people need to write the reminders in such a way that the last reminder will be written first followed by the rest in the reverse order
- This can be easily understood in the way that will be dealing with the least significant bit of the binary number will be at the top and the most significant bit will be at the bottom. So, the number will be divided by the value of the decimal number at the end without any kind of hassle.
Hence, having a clear command over the basic conversion process of decimal to binary is important and further, it is important to depend on platforms like Cuemath to become successful over here.